416-674-0036,    info@elitebanquets.ca

Occasional PermitsBack

What is a Special Occasion Permit?

A Special Occasion Permit (SOP) is required during a special event where alcohol is being offered for sale or served. 

What types of permits are available?

There are three types of SOPs available to apply for:


Who can apply for a Special Occasion Permit?

The applicant must be 19 years of age or older. When applying for the SOP, please take your proof of identification with you – a government-issued identification such as a valid driver’s license or passport.

It is important to note that the permit holder must be present during the event.  It is his or her responsibility to ensure that the event adheres to the LLA and Regulations.

Where do I submit a Special Occasion Permit?

The Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) service stores in Ontario issue SOP permits.

A SOP application required for public and industry promotional events must be submitted 30 days before the event. Private Event applications require a submission to be made 10 days prior to the event.

Additional questions?

For any additional information, please contact our management team. We will happily guide you through the process.